The first step to setting up tracking for a website is to create an Analytics property. Create one Analytics property for each website you want to track.
- Add the entire tracking code snippet to each web page you want to track. Add the tracking code snippet right after the opening <head> tag on each page.
- Enter the tracking ID into a field that asks for the Google Analytics tracking ID. (For some web-hosting services, you don’t need to add the entire tracking code snippet to each web page on your site. Instead, you’ll simply need to enter the tracking ID into a field. If this field exists, you can usually find it in the “Admin” or “Analytics” section of your web hosting. For more information, read “Web-hosting service”, under Find the setup for the type of property you’re tracking, below.)
Find your tracking ID and tracking code snippet
To find the tracking ID and code snippet:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
- Your tracking ID and property number are displayed at the top of the page.
- The tracking code snippet for your website is displayed under Website tracking.
Find the setup for the type of property you’re tracking
There are several ways to collect data from online properties in Analytics, depending on whether you want to track a website, an app, or some type of Internet-connected device. The following methods explain how to set up the tracking code for different types of properties.
Verify that your tracking code is working
Once you have successfully installed the Analytics tracking code, it can take up to 24 hours for data such as traffic-referral information, user characteristics, and browsing information to appear in your reports. However, you can check your web-tracking setup immediately.
Troubleshoot your tracking-code setup
If you’re not seeing any data, or not seeing the data you expect, you can use the tracking-code-setup troubleshooter to identify and resolve problems.
Also Read – How To Make Google Index Faster
Latest posts by Innoswagzy Pera (see all)
- Read – How JAMB Will Be Marked And Graded 2020 - December 7, 2019
- How Can I Choose The Right Course To Study? - December 7, 2019
- Helpful Ways To Read Effectively And Remember Everything - December 7, 2019