Welcome, kindly check this out after reading!
- WAEC Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
- JAMB Reprinting Procedures – How To Check Exam Date & Center
- WAEC past questions and answers
- The recommended waec textbooks and Jamb
- Is WAEC and NECO Syllabus The Same? – See Answers
- How To Successfully Pass Waec without expo 2020
You’re here: Real Waec GCE Marketing Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study. are you writing waec GCE Marketing? do you wish to have The 2020 Waec GCE Marketing Syllabus? Do you want to pass waec GCE 2020?
This is the official marketing syllabus for waec GCE 2020. You may click here for how to pass waec GCE 2020/2021.
The Marketing syllabus at the Senior Secondary School level in Nigeria is designed to assess the candidates’ basic knowledge of marketing.
It includes an overview of marketing, marketing concepts, marketing mix, consumer and organizational behaviour, marketing management and entrepreneurship.
- AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the examination is to test candidates’
(1). knowledge, skills, concepts needed to practice marketing as a career.
(2). ability to set up and manage a market outlet.
(3). understanding of the roles of marketing in the economy
- SCHEME OF THE EXAMINATION
There will be two papers, Papers 1 and 2, both of which will constitute a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions that will cover the entire syllabus. Candidates are expected to answer all the questions in 50 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: Will be a 2-hour paper consisting of six essay questions, out of which candidates will be expected to answer any four for 80 marks.
- DETAILED SYLLABUS
|1||Introduction to Marketing||a) Meaning;(b) Explanation of basic terms in marketing: needs, wants, demands, product, exchange, transactions, and markets,
(c) A brief history of marketing in Nigeria;
(d) Functions of marketing.
|2||Marketing Concepts||(a) Meaning;(b) Various marketing concepts (production, product, selling, marketing and societal marketing).|
|3||Marketing Mix and Marketing Environment||a) Meaning;(b) Elements (4 Ps);
(c)i Explain Marketing Environment
(c)ii Factors affecting marketing environment:
|4||Products||(a) Meaning;(b) Classification (Industrial goods, consumer goods,
services, primary and secondary products and mineral
products-oil and non oil;
(c) Distinctions between classes of products.
(d) Product Design*
|5||Markets||(a) Meaning;(b) Classification:
– Organization (industrial, reseller and government)
|6||Consumer and Organizational Behaviour||(a) Meaning;(b) Influencing factors;
(c) Decision process in logical order
|7||Marketing Planning and Research||(a)i Meaning, process and importance;ii Elements of marketing planning;
iii Information required for marketing planning
(b) Reasons for marketing planning and research.
(c) Utilization of feedback
|8||Pricing||(a) Meaning;(b)i Strategies (haggling, cost-plus, demand and
ii Application of strategies*
(c) Price determinants.
|9||Advertising||(a) Definition;(b) Functions;
(c) Media – meaning, types, advantages and disadvantages.
(d) Production of sample adverts*
|10||Sales Promotion||(a) Meaning and Functions;(b) Forms – price-off, coupons, salesmen competition,
loyalty schemes, premium offers, trade-in-allowance,
sampling, training schemes, and merchandising incentives.
|11||Merchandising||(a) Meaning;(b) Elements (packaging, branding and labeling)
(C) Influencing factors;
|12||Distribution||(a) Definition;(b) Channels of distribution (definition and types)
(c) Factors influencing choice of distribution channels
(d) Functions of channel members.
|13||Transportation||(a) Meaning, mode, choice and importance;(b) Documents used in transportation;
(c) Factors affecting choice of transportation
|14||Warehousing||a) Market Unions (Meaning and types)(b) Roles of Market Unions in local markets;
(c) Market Facilitators – meaning, types and roles.
|15||Market Unions and Facilitators||(a) Meaning, importance/reasons and methods of engaging in international marketing,(b) Influencing factors;
(c) Guiding rules and regulations;
|16||International Marketing||(a) Meaning, importance/reasons and methods of engaging in international marketing,(b) Influencing factors;
(c) Guiding rules and regulations;
|17||ICT in Marketing||(a) E-Marketing (electronic marketing) – meaning, ,importance, uses, ethics and abuses.|
|18||Entrepreneurship in Marketing||(a) Meaning of entrepreneurship and entrepreneur;(b) Sources of funds;
(c) Factors affecting location of a market outlet;
(d) Management of market outlets – purchase and supply of goods and services;
(e) Selling and bargaining skills;
*Emphasis should be on practical
5 . SUGGESTED READING LIST
- Fundamentals of Marketing by O.O. Shokan – MAM Education Limited, Lagos.
- Commerce Textbook by G.A. Saka and Nnabuko J.O. – Emiola Publisher Ltd
- Marketing in Nigeria: Concepts, Principles and Decisions, 2nd Edition by B.A. Agbonifoh, O.E Ogwo, D.A. Nnolim, and A.D. Nkamnebe, (2007). – Afritowers Limited Publisher.
Do you find this article helpful? please share with your loved ones!Recent posts
- How Much is Baze University School fees 2020/2021
- Is OAU Doing Post Utme or Screening This year? – See Answers
- Is OAU Post Utme CBT? – See Answers
- Subjects Required For Industrial Chemistry 2020
- Is University of Benin a Federal University? – See Answers
- What Is The Full Meaning of Uniben? – See Answers
- How Many Years is Pharmacy in Uniben? – See Answers
- What Is The Cut Off Mark For Uniben 2020? – See Answers
- All Courses Offered In Baze University (Full List)
- Does Uniben Offer Pharmacy? – See Answers
- How Much is Baze University School fees 2020/2021 - May 26, 2020
- Is OAU Doing Post Utme or Screening This year? – See Answers - May 26, 2020
- Is OAU Post Utme CBT? – See Answers - May 26, 2020