Welcome, kindly check this out after reading!
- WAEC Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
- JAMB Reprinting Procedures – How To Check Exam Date & Center
- WAEC past questions and answers
- The recommended waec textbooks and Jamb
- Is WAEC and NECO Syllabus The Same? – See Answers
- How To Successfully Pass Waec without expo 2021
UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Admission Form 2020/2021: The University of Port-Harcourt, UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute For Petroleum, Energy Economics, Policy and Strategic Studies postgraduate admission form for the 2020/2021 academic session are out.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Graduate Programmes of the Emerald Energy Institute, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria:
- PGD Petroleum and Energy Economics
- Professional Master of Energy Economics
- Professional Master of Petroleum Economics
- M.Sc. Petroleum Economics and Policy Programme
- M.Sc.Energy Economics and Policy Programme
- Master of Petroleum Business Management
- Master of Energy Business Management
- PhD. Petroleum Economics
PhD. Energy EconomicsEmerald Energy Institute for Petroleum and Energy Economics, Policy and Strategic Studies, University of Port Harcourt, is an Institute for graduate education in petroleum, energy economics, management & policy. Its vision is to educate, empower and engage professionals and corporate decision-makers in the petroleum and energy sectors. The Modular, flexible and intensivePh.D. is run in collaboration with Petroleum Engineering Department.
Admission Requirements for Post Graduate Programme (PGD)
- Applicants shall be required to have a good university degree in either Sciences (Physical/Chemical), Management, Social Sciences, Geosciences, or Engineering. Holders of HND with a minimum Upper Credit may also apply. All candidates must also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
- Admission Requirements for Masters of Energy Economics/Energy Business Management/Petroleum Business Management/ Petroleum Economics
- Applicants shall be required to have a minimum of second class Honours (Upper Division) in a relevant degree in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Law, Sciences, Geosciences, or Engineering. However, candidates with Second Class Honours (Lower Division) with at least 3 years’ experience in the energy and petroleum industry may be considered. All candidates must also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
Admission Requirements for Master of Science (MSc.) Programmes
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Engineering or Physical Sciences. Sponsored company staff and candidates with at least three (3) years’ experience in the petroleum and energy industries and a Second Class (Lower Division) Degree with a minimum CGPA of at least 3.00 (on a 5-point scale) may also be considered. Lawyers with enough years of experience in the oil, gas, and power industry may be considered as well.
Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) Programmes
Entry into the PhD programme shall be on a competitive basis. The following are the criteria for the admission of students to the programme:
- Candidate with a B.Sc. Second Class Upper (or Lower Division degree with a CGPA of 3.0 and above on a 5-point scale, in Social and Management Sciences, Engineering or Geosciences with at least three years’ experience in the oil and gas industry) is eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have completed an M.Sc. degree in appropriate majors, with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5-point scale to be eligible for admission.
- In addition to the above requirements, ALL candidates must also satisfy the minimum graduate school matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
Method of Instruction and Objectives
The curriculum is flexible and intensive. It is delivered in modules by University faculty and industry experts from Nigeria and abroad. On completion of this programme, the graduates would amongst others, have acquired skills that are relevant for careers in petroleum and energy industries; in government ministries, departments and parastatals that are responsible for managing petroleum and energy resources; and in banking/financial institutions, and energy and petroleum policy consulting units, and the academia.
Duration of Programme
• The duration of the PGD programme shall be 12 months of full-time, modular, intensive study. Industry/company workers can equally attend modular/sandwich programmes and accumulate credits for 24 months (Part-Time)• The Professional Masters Programmes (Masters of Energy Economics) at EEI can be completed in 12 months for Full-Time students and a maximum of 24 months.• However, the duration of the Master of Science (M.Sc.) programmes is 6 quarters of full-time intensive study and 8 quarters of modular intensive study.• The PhD programme is hybrid, intensive and flexible. It would require a minimum of 12 quarters of intensive course work subsequent to MSc degree from reputable institutions with a minimum CGPA of 4.00.
Method of Application
A non-refundable Application Fee of N25,000 (Twenty-five Thousand Naira) payable to the Emerald Energy Institute, UNIPORT. The completed Application Forms should be submitted, online or hard copies sent to the Emerald Energy Institute office by courier service.
Application Form can be obtained from the Emerald Energy Institute, or be downloaded from the Website: www.eeiuniport.edu.ng
Completed Application Forms must be returned to the Director, Emerald Energy Institute for Petroleum, Energy Economics, Policy and Strategic Studies, University of Port Harcourt, not more than eight(8) weeks from the date of publication.
Selected candidates may be invited for oral interview before admission is finalised.
For enquiries, please call 08030974510, 07035587892or email:[email protected]
I hope I have answered your question, now please share to your loved ones and don’t forget to remind me in anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!
- FUDMA Cut Off Mark – 2021/2022 Admission Exercise
- 7 Action To Take When You Fail JAMB
- Is WAEC and NECO Syllabus The Same? – See Answers
- Biology Topics That Always Comes Out In Jamb
- Recommended Ways To Manage Time When Working And Still Preparing For Jamb
- Real Waec Chemistry Syllabus And Topics You Should Study
- ABUAD Resumption Date for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Kwara Poly Resumption Date for 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Proven Ways To Prepare For Waec, Neco & Jamb Together
- Real Waec Integrated Science Syllabus And Topics You Should Study