Spread the love
Welcome, kindly check this out after reading!
- WAEC Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
- JAMB Reprinting Procedures – How To Check Exam Date & Center
- WAEC past questions and answers
- The recommended waec textbooks and Jamb
- Is WAEC and NECO Syllabus The Same? – See Answers
- How To Successfully Pass Waec without expo 2021
- Read: Jamb 2021/2022 Cut Off Marks for All Schools
- Areas Of Concentration For Waec (The Guild)
You’re Here: Helpful Reading Tips To Stay Longer In Night Class. Staying up late is not an easy task but sometimes you may not be able to avoid it. Experience in school is not a very interesting one. After all, you are trapped all day in the classroom plus standard assignments. For you to measure up, the need for night class comes to play.
We all have gone through when we try to stay awake at night while studying before an exam or test but your friend or roommate finds you sleeping tight after 10 minutes of study. Some students cannot even study for 5 minutes at night before they sleep. This is what Uniben students call NIGHT CRASHING.
Your best bet is to study throughout the semester. You can recall a greater percentage of information when you study at different points in time. So what are the golden and proven ways to stay awake all night and how to avoid crashing while studying in night class? This article will guide you on how to last longer in class.
HOW TO STUDY IN NIGHT CLASS WITH YOUR EYES OPEN
1. Sleep Ahead:
Staying awake all night long to study is a function of your strength. From the beginning of the day, start saving your fuel (energy) for late-night studies that is required to withstand prolonged mental exertion.
Make sure you sleep for at least one hour before going for night class. Action and reaction are equal but opposite. If you do not take the action of sleeping before night class, then expect the reaction in the form of sleep. Reading Tips
2. Active Reading:
Nothing makes you stay longer in night class like active reading. As you study, jot down keep points, try to recite what you have read. Begin to explain to yourself, and ask yourself questions as well. This is a good way to engage yourself. Studying In a group is not a bad idea too.
3. Start and Stop Approach:
Studying for a very long time without moving around will bombard your brain with sleep text messages. After about an hour’s study, try to take fresh air. This is what I call ‘Soft reading’. This method doesn’t really work for me, but many guys find it helpful. You may want to give it a try.
4. Flez Right:
Okay, this is golden. No one survives late night study sessions without the right fuel. The food you eat has a big role to play in your crashing half life.
Eating sugary snacks might pull you through one, but your body isn’t going to last much longer if you keep putting in the wrong stuff to keep it awake. Also, some expert recommends that you go for protein-rich foods over glucose.
5. Write as you read:
It has been confirmed that taking notes engages the brain more than just reading through the material. While studying through, it is a good idea to keep a notebook and pen handy to make little notes now and then.
This will not just help you understand the material better but will also make sure that you would have actually learned something by the time the night is over. Highlighting text also helps serve the same purpose.
6. Make It Interesting:
It is essential that you keep rotating topics of studies throughout the night. This way monotony will not take over and you will be able to study more and more throughout the night. You can find more ways that work best for you to keep your interest in studies.
7. Correct Posture:
Yes, we know how much you will crave for your bed and a quilt by nightfall. But the fact is that you are simply inviting sleep this way.
You need to sit in a proper chair and place your books on a table, so that your posture is attentive and alert, hereby avoiding sleep and helping you concentrate more.
8. Read Under Good Light:
Nothing sponsors sleep in night class like reading with a dull light. Light has a powerful effect on your internal clock, and bright light can temporarily fake the body into thinking it’s not yet time for bed.
9. Make Up Your Mind:
Your mindset determines your life-set. Most of our challenges are more mental than physical. Determination is stronger than witch craft. A made up mind is a come up destiny.
If your mind is not made up, no method words for you. Make a vow that you will not sleep in night class; this is my strength. I made this vow two years ago and now, you can never see me sleep in a night class.
10. ADD YOURS:
Add your contributions in the comment box below. Please Spread The love ❤❤❤ !!! Help Others By Sharing
- CAU Post UTME Past Questions Free Download (PDF)
- How Many Times Can I Check My Waec Results? (Waec Series Pt14)
- In What Other Ways Can I Check My Waec Results? (Waec Series Pt16)
- Can I Use One Waec e-PIN to Check More Than One Result? – (Waec Series Pt15)
- I Have A Problem In Checking My WAEC Result (Waec Series Pt17)
- What To Do When WAEC Page is Not loading (Waec Series Pt18)
- How Can I Check My Waec Profile? (Waec Series Pt11)
- Where Can I Buy An e-PIN? (Waec Series Pt13)
- How Many subjects Are Required For Waec? (Waec Series Pt10)
- Is Waec Better Than Neco? (Waec Series Pt8)
Latest posts by Innoswagzy (see all)
- CAU Post UTME Past Questions Free Download (PDF) - July 25, 2021
- How Many Times Can I Check My Waec Results? (Waec Series Pt14) - July 25, 2021
- In What Other Ways Can I Check My Waec Results? (Waec Series Pt16) - July 25, 2021
Spread the love