Welcome, kindly check this out after reading!
- WAEC Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
- JAMB Reprinting Procedures – How To Check Exam Date & Center
- WAEC past questions and answers
- The recommended waec textbooks and Jamb
- Is WAEC and NECO Syllabus The Same? – See Answers
- How To Successfully Pass Waec without expo 2021
- Read: Jamb 2021/2022 Cut Off Marks for All Schools
- Areas Of Concentration For Waec (The Guild)
Reasons Why You Are Not Admitted On JAMB CAPS: Were you not given admission on JAMB Caps? See the reasons why you are not admitted on JAMB Caps Portal here!
Usually, Applicants were supposed to be given provisional admission to their chosen institution and selected courses legitimately only through JAMB caps.
- Participate in Jamb CBT Practice Quiz Online
- Participate in Waec CBT Practice Quiz Online
- JAMB Approaved CBT Centers 2021
- Seven (7) Signs That Shows Your Parents Wants You Out Of The House
- Reasons Why You Must Not Be In A Hurry To Make Money
- Can I study law without literature? – See Answers
- Can I Study Law Without CRS? – See Answers
- Is Math Compulsory for Law?- See Answers!
However, Candidates have been wondering why their names are not on the merit list, despite having high JAMB scores and even good post UTME results when JAMB starts giving Admission.
This is understandable in view of the fact that charism is the desire and expectation of each Admission seeker to be admitted to the 1st batch or merit admission list of his or her school of choice, especially when these candidates have good scores in JAMB.
Reasons Why You Are Not Admitted On JAMB CAPS
There are factors that may cause the name of a candidate to be omitted from the Merit or Admission list for the first batch, which includes;
Student Not Meeting The Departmental Cutoff Mark
Some schools will make their departmental cut-off marks public while others do not. Typically every study course in any school has its own cut-off mark. So that you have a high JAMB score that also qualified you to take part in the Post-UTME screening of your school does not automatically mean that you are eligible for admission to that course.
In this course, you have to meet the necessary UTME and Post-UTME cut-off marks equally. Even when the candidates who have applied for a particular course in a school perform very well in the screening exercise, the school will have no choice but to raise the initial cut-off mark it suggested for that course without the candidates’ knowledge.
Choosing The Wrong Subject Combination
When selecting a course of study, many candidates do not find an important factor. If your subjects at the UTME and O’level do not suit those required for the course you wish to study, there is no guarantee that you will be admitted to that course.
Such candidates may later be eligible for admission if their chosen school advertises additional admission and they may apply for a course that suits their subject combination.
The Department Chosen Has Lost Its Accreditation
Your school of choice may lose its accreditation for an admission course or department it previously advertised. If something like this happens, there will be no choice for the school to either admit a limited number of candidates in that department or not to admit anyone. Candidates affected by this tend to be told to apply for additional admission or course change.
If You Don’t Meet The 45% Merit Cutoff Mark
Just 45 per cent of the total number of applicants to be admitted to any school is to be admitted based on merit, according to the admission policy. The reality is that not every eligible candidate will be among these 45 per cent who will be considered for merit-based admission irrespective of your JAMB or Post-UTME Score.
When you haven’t made the merit list of admissions, I’ll encourage you to get your school of choice’s additional admission until it is advertised.
Nonetheless, in a situation where the list of admissions is not released, the best you can do is hope to release more batches with your name among them.
Other JAMB Admission FAQs
Q: I was told that I don’t need to do the change of course after transfer approval hope it will not affect my chance of admission. I know of a person who entered with transfer approval and didn’t do a change of course
ANS: YES YOU HAVE TO CHANGE TO THE COURSE YOU CHOSE. MOST TIMES JAMB DO INSIST THAT YOU MUST CHANGE TO THE COURSE BEFORE YOU CAN GET YOUR JAMB ADMISSION LETTER.
QUES: I tried login into my portal but what I saw is Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I also scrolled down and saw Login to Candidate’s Account. PLEASE WHY AM I SEEING THIS?
ANS: This is an error from JAMB portal and it will be resolved very soon, check it back after some hours/days. Please be patient.
Q: I tried login into jamb portal but it showed “Object reference not set to an instance of an object“, please why is that?
ANS: It’s probably little error from the jamb portal. But not to worry. You can log in to your portal by entering your email and password in the required columns.
I hope you found the answer to the question you were looking for? Feel free to share and let me know how you feel using the comment box.
- Best Ten (10) Universities In London
- Top10 Engineering Courses You Can Study Without Biology
- Reasons Why You Must Not Be In A Hurry To Make Money
- JAMB To Deploy Drone Cameras To examination Centers To Check Malpractices
- The Life Changer – Chapter two (Jamb Novel)
- The Life Changer – Chapter One (Jamb Novel)
- Christmas Wishes & Messages For The Holidays
- Facebook Singles Dating Page (Find Your soulmate)
- 15 Successful Tips To Succeed As A Student In 2021
- Download Jamb Novel The Life Changer (PDF)