Welcome, kindly check this out after reading!
- WAEC Syllabus And Hot Topics You Should Study
- JAMB Reprinting Procedures – How To Check Exam Date & Center
- WAEC past questions and answers
- The recommended waec textbooks and Jamb
- Is WAEC and NECO Syllabus The Same? – See Answers
- How To Successfully Pass Waec without expo 2021
- Read: Jamb 2021/2022 Cut Off Marks for All Schools
- Areas Of Concentration For Waec (The Guild)
Reasons Why Students Fail: After the release of the WAEC results and also the JAMB results, I have seen the result of so many candidates. While some passed excellently, others passed while the rest failed. In this article, I will be focusing on Reasons Why Students Fail.
However, I will not limit it to WAEC and JAMB examinations only but also NECO, other external examinations and school examinations. A lot of candidates have asked me different questions including:
- Participate in Jamb CBT Practice Quiz Online
- Participate in Waec CBT Practice Quiz Online
- JAMB Approaved CBT Centers 2021
- Seven (7) Signs That Shows Your Parents Wants You Out Of The House
- Reasons Why You Must Not Be In A Hurry To Make Money
- Can I study law without literature? – See Answers
- Can I Study Law Without CRS? – See Answers
- Is Math Compulsory for Law?- See Answers!
- Why did I fail WAEC?
- Why did I fail JAMB?
- How Do I Pass Waec?
- How Do I Pass Jamb
- I did the examination very well but still failed, why?
I have decided to use this article to provide the right answer to all these questions. I will not only discuss why students fail examination but also how to pass your next examination. Why did you fail the examination? Your reason for failing an examination might be an external or personal reason. These external factors include:
- Human error(error from your examination marker or recorder)
- Error during result upload
However, 98% of examination failure is usually due to personal reasons as these external factors seldom occur. As a result, I don’t want you to use the above external factors as a reason for your failure unless you are not guilty of the personal reasons below.
- 1 REASONS WHY STUDENTS FAIL EXAMINATIONS
- 2 I FAILED MY EXAMINATION, WHAT I SHOULD DO?
REASONS WHY STUDENTS FAIL EXAMINATIONS
YOU DID NOT STUDY ENOUGH
Trust me! This is the main reason why students fail examination. Ask yourself “Did I study enough?”. You only write what you know during an examination, and you only know what you read. You might however study very well but still fail, why? Because your reading is not effective. Read this article on “How to read effectively and remember everything” to see the best reading practices you must cultivate while studying.
Your handwriting is the first impression an examination marker gets. The better your handwriting, the higher your chances of passing provided you have written down something good. No examination marker is ready to stress his/her eyes to be able to see what you have written when there are hundreds/thousands of other scripts to be marked.
Bad handwriting reduces your chances of passing even when you provide the right answers. Let me inform you that a candidate might get an A in a subject while the other will get a C or D even though they write exactly the same thing because of the difference in their handwriting.
POOR WRITING SKILL
How you provide answers to questions also determines whether you will pass or fail. A lot of candidates think they have written something good not knowing they are already writing out of point.
This is one of the mistakes students make during an examination that costs them a lot of marks. You might have written out of point in your examination.
YOU MADE SOME COSTLY MISTAKES DURING THE EXAMINATION
Do you even know that a lot of candidates fail examination because of some mistakes they have failed to take note of? You might have made one of these costly mistakes. Don’t worry, you are not alone.
I have provided a list of these mistakes and how you can avoid them. The articles below will definitely help you to achieve this.
YOU DID NOT USE THE RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOKS
Imagine a 400L student reading an O-level textbook to prepare for an examination, what do you expect? Failure, nothing more!. Every examination body has provided a list of recommended textbooks to be used by candidates.
You should note that questions will be asked from these recommended textbooks. You might have failed because you did not read the recommended textbooks.
I FAILED MY EXAMINATION, WHAT I SHOULD DO?
Now that you know why you failed your examination, the next thing is to know what to do next. Below is a list of 5 things you should do if you failed an examination.
DO NOT GIVE UP
I must tell you giving up is just the beginning of your failure in life. If you give up, you are betraying yourself. People have failed WAEC more than 5times but eventually pass it and still become successful in life.
Failing your examination does not make you a failure in life, it does not hinder you from achieving your dream. This is the time for you to stand up and make the right decision.
This time, you have to get it right. There is no failure in your DNA, you are not born to fail. Start reading for the examination, cover all the topics in all the textbooks, make use of the syllabus and read the recommended textbooks.
The articles below will help to maximise your study.
- 12 Most Effective Ways To Pass An Examination
- 7 Action To Take When You Fail Waec/Neco
- Mistakes Students Make During Examination You Should Avoid
REWRITE THE EXAMINATION
The only advice I can give you is to register for the examination again. If you have failed in the just concluded WAEC, you can still register for WAEC/GCE, NECO or NECO/GCE. Before you rewrite it, read 12 Most Effective Ways To Pass Any Examination.
IMPROVE YOUR WRITING SKILL
Learn how to give answers to questions, make sure you don’t write out of point. Give answers to questions accordingly.
WORK ON YOUR HANDWRITING
You don’t need to be told you have bad handwriting before you realise that. If you know your handwriting is not good enough, make sure to work on it. Tell someone with better handwriting to teach you, don’t be shy to learn.
I believe if you can do all that I listed above on this article and other recommended ones, you will slap your next examination right across its face.
Let us hear from you, which of these reasons do you think made you failed your examination? What is your plan and what have you done to prevent this next time? Let us know by using the comment box below.
What is your opinion on this article Reasons Why Students Fail? Feel free to let us know and share!.
- Best Ten (10) Universities In London
- Top10 Engineering Courses You Can Study Without Biology
- Reasons Why You Must Not Be In A Hurry To Make Money
- JAMB To Deploy Drone Cameras To examination Centers To Check Malpractices
- The Life Changer – Chapter two (Jamb Novel)
- The Life Changer – Chapter One (Jamb Novel)
- Christmas Wishes & Messages For The Holidays
- Facebook Singles Dating Page (Find Your soulmate)
- 15 Successful Tips To Succeed As A Student In 2021
- Download Jamb Novel The Life Changer (PDF)
- Best Ten (10) Universities In London - May 9, 2021
- Top10 Engineering Courses You Can Study Without Biology - May 9, 2021
- Reasons Why You Must Not Be In A Hurry To Make Money - May 9, 2021