Set up Google Analytics, Today in my blogging series, we will be talking about an important topic tagged Why You Must Set up Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a comprehensive, free web analytics tool that collects and organizes website traffic data into customizable reports. Connecting Google Analytics to your website is a way of saying “Hello!” to Google. Though data may not appear in Google Analytics until your website is indexed, it still sends a signal to Google that you’re serious about building your web presence.
The first step to setting up tracking for a website is to create an Analytics property. Create one Analytics property for each website you want to track.
- Add the entire tracking code snippet to each web page you want to track. Add the tracking code snippet right after the opening <head> tag on each page.OR
- Enter the tracking ID into a field that asks for the Google Analytics tracking ID. (For some web-hosting services, you don’t need to add the entire tracking code snippet to each web page on your site. Instead, you’ll simply need to enter the tracking ID into a field. If this field exists, you can usually find it in the “Admin” or “Analytics” section of your web hosting. For more information, read “Web-hosting service”, under Find the setup for the type of property you’re tracking, below.)
Find your tracking ID and tracking code snippet
To find the tracking ID and code snippet:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
- Your tracking ID and property number are displayed at the top of the page.
- The tracking code snippet for your website is displayed under Website tracking.
Read!: Terms Used In Google Analytics And Their Actual Meaning
Find the setup for the type of property you’re tracking
There are several ways to collect data from online properties in Analytics, depending on whether you want to track a website, an app, or some type of Internet-connected device. The following methods explain how to set up the tracking code for different types of properties
Verify that your tracking code is working
Once you have successfully installed the Analytics tracking code, it can take up to 24 hours for data such as traffic referral information, user characteristics, and browsing information to appear in your reports. However, you can check your web-tracking setup immediately.
Troubleshoot your tracking-code setup
please comment and share “Set up Google Analytics”
I hope I have answered your question, now please share with your loved ones and don’t forget to remind me of anyone you feel am not correct by using the comment box below!