Success does not come on a platter of gold; there are prices to be paid. Welcome to my new series on Mindset To Academic Success Part (2) Which is titled ” Be Hardworking”. Also, read part one (1) of this Series “Outstanding Ways Of Archiving Academic Success“.
I may not know all the keys to success but one of the keys is; you must be hardworking. Hardworking according to http://wiktionary.org simply means “of a person, taking their work seriously and doing it well and rapidly”.
Taking Your academic work serious is one of the most important things you need to do in school in order to achieve academic excellence. I feel the need to repeat the above statement again, “taking your academic work seriously is one of the most important things you need to do in school in order to achieve academic excellence”.
Some student no longer takes their academic work in school serious. They jump from pillar to post, play from one place to another and still have in mind to succeed or achieve a good academic performance.
When you ask them what they want to achieve at the end of the term or semester they will quickly say 1st position/first class or something very close to that not knowing that good result does not come by wishful thinking and jumping around.
Achieving a very good result is every good student’s dream, but such a dream must be followed by action. You must be hardworking and diligent in order to ensure that you achieve what you dream about. You cannot achieve your academic dream by being lazy. when you are lazy, the reward for your laziness will be the poor result no two ways about it.
Do not expect a miracle to happen when you decide to be lazy. Strive to be hardworking as a student, you came to school to learn and that should be your major focus. Do not allow anything to distract you. Focus on doing what you ought to do as a good student.
Do not let unserious friends deceive you or make you believe there are shortcuts to success. If you want to make it as a student you must show diligence and hardworking.
Dear students, working hard to achieve your goals and dreams pay positively. Learn to associate yourself with the fellow hardworking student so that you will not be discouraged or get distracted.
Mason (2000) Panned “The world is divided into people who do things and people who talk about doing things”
Belong to the first group there is far less competition. Be hardworking, be diligent, be prayerful, be resilient, be determined, be persistent and be prayerful in your quest to achieve success.
I find these words/quotes below very important for you to know having been inspired on the need to be hardworking and diligent. Learn from them, aspire and work towards achieving the very best.
- The biggest room in our lives is always the room for self-improvement (John Mason)
- Consider what the holy scripture says in proverbs, “seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings”. Be diligent in your academic activities as a student.
- You have no right to anything you have not pursued, for the poor desire is in the pursuit ..” (John Mason)
- There are altogether too many today that fells success is for the other fellow, not knowing that all this while, the very seed of success lie dormant within them. (Sydney N. Bremer)
- Do not allow idleness to deceive you; for while you give him today, he steals tomorrow from you. (H. Crowquil)
- Success comes to a man who does today what others were thinking of doing tomorrow. The lazier a man is, the more he is going to do tomorrow. (John Mason) As a student, avoid laziness and procrastination.
- You will never know what you can do if you attempt to obtain it by shortcut. They destroy the possibilities God planted within you”. (Myles Munroe) Runaway from shortcut to success.
- It is better to attempt a thing and fail than to never try and not knowing you could succeed. (Myles Munroe)
- If You do not decide what is important in your life, someone else will decide for you. (John Mason) Decide to work as a student in order to achieve good academic performance.
Finally, Hard work pays. Do your possible best to succeed as a student. Do not get distracted and do not allow challenges of life to weaken you. Strive to achieve your goals no matter what.
In everything, you do put God first, and He will direct you and crown your effort with success. (Proverbs 3:6 TLB)
Don’t Forget To read part three (3) of this series HERE